Provides leadership to the local Chapter consistent with state, area and national Society policies, strategies and objectives. Responsible for operating the Chapter effectively so that the needs of the members are met. Performs other duties as required by the local Chapter’s bylaws. Serve as a voting member of the California State Council of SHRM.
- Conduct the business of the Chapter in accordance with the Chapter bylaws and serve as chairperson of the Board of Directors.
- Preside over the activities of all officers and directors, as well as standing committees, to ensure that Chapter goals, objectives and strategies are accomplished.
- Monitor the use, accounting and handling of Chapter funds.
- Chair all meetings of Chapter officers and members.
- Initiate the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategy planning for the Chapter.
- Write articles monthly for newsletter.
- Prepare agenda for board meetings and forward to Directors prior to scheduled date.
- Attend California State Council of SHRM meetings and actively participate in Council matters. Serve as an elected representative of the Chapter.
- Communicate state, area and / or national goals, policies and programs to Chapter members. Represent the State Council to local Chapter leaders and the membership.
- Represent the Chapter in the Human Resource community.
- Must be a SHRM member in good standing elected by the Chapter membership.
- Must have previous HRACC Board experience (minimum one year).