Human Resources Analyst – Confidential
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Provides work direction to lower-level staff and monitors work for accuracy; provides instruction/ training on HR work processes to staff; provides input to supervisor on employee work performance and behavior.
2. Provides professional advice and counsel to administrators, managers, employees, bargaining unit representatives and the public on human resources policies, procedures and the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements, Personnel Commission rules, and state and federal laws applicable to human resources management.
3. Collects, analyzes and reports on data/material utilized by the District Director of Human Resources and the Vice Chancellor, such as market compensation and benefits data; develops recommendations on salary structures and class placement within the grade structure; provides District data as a participant in various external surveys.
4. Conducts classification studies and desk audits; develops and recommends job duties for new/ revised classification specifications; provides the Personnel Commission with input on a classification’s education, experience and other requirements; assesses any reclassification appeals and documents conclusions; revises class specifications based on reclass actions, if warranted.
5. Reviews and analyzes employees’ working-out-of-class requests; conducts research, assesses comparability of duties, interviews managers and employees, consults with job experts and gathers other necessary information; develops findings, conclusions and recommendations and prepares reports.
6. Reviews report documents of completed interactive discussion meetings and ensures doctors’ notes on restrictions are in accordance with ADA and FEHA; ensures each restriction is addressed on the form and a proper accommodation, where possible, is noted; reviews requests for modified duty and permanent restrictions; educates managers on the importance of conducting interactive discussion meetings and assists them with completing the interactive discussion meeting form.
7. Participates in the District’s collective bargaining process by researching and collecting data/information, making recommendations on District proposals and providing input to contract language; maintains official records of bargaining sessions.
8. Conducts effective, thorough and impartial investigations of complex and sensitive workplace complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other policy violations; identifies and documents the scope of the investigation and the process to be followed; interviews complainants, respondents and witnesses; researches and analyzes relevant facts, documents, policies and legal guidance; safeguards the confidentiality of the investigation; prepares report of findings and conclusions.
9. Reviews and evaluates Board policies and administrative regulations; recommends updates where warranted.
10. Conducts a variety of special projects as directed by the District Director of Human Resources and the Vice Chancellor.
11. Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
1. Serves on or leads committees, work groups and task forces.
2. Recommends, develops, implements and revises policies, procedures and operational guidelines to improve and/or clarify processes.
3. Contributes to ensuring information on the District HR website is accurate and up to date.
4. Performs related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.