Human Resources Specialist
Madera Unified Personnel Commissio
MADERA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT – PERSONNEL COMMISSION
invites applications for the position of:
Human Resources Specialist
SALARY: $4,026.00 – $5,295.00 Monthly
$48,312.00 – $63,540.00 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources Department
OPENING DATE: 10/17/19 CLOSING DATE: 10/28/19 04:00 PM
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager; perform a variety of technical human resources duties in support of classified and certificated personnel programs and functions; serve as a resource to MUSD departments and employees regarding designated personnel functions, activities, policies and procedures; prepare, maintain and evaluate a variety of manual and automated personnel files, records and reports. Perform other duties as assigned.
This job reports to the Human Resources Manager.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform a variety of technical human resources duties in support of classified and certificated personnel programs and functions; process and evaluate a variety of personnel forms, records and reports; assist in resolving personnel-related issues and concerns with discretion and confidentiality, perform duties requiring specialized or extensive knowledge of Human Resources arid personnel practices.
• Serve as a technical resource to employees regarding designated personnel functions and related activities; respond to inquiries and provide detailed and technical information concerning related laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Input and update a wide variety of personnel data into an assigned computer system; establish and maintain various automated personnel records and files; initiate queries and generate a variety of computerized reports; verify and assure accuracy of input and output data.
• Compile and evaluate a variety of personnel information; prepare and maintain a variety of confidential personnel records, reports and files related to. evaluations, status, attendance, salaries, new hires, terminations and assigned activities according to established policies and procedures.
• Compose a variety of correspondence including inter-office communications, lists, notices, forms, letters, memoranda, contracts and other materials; duplicate and distribute a variety of materials; prepare and disseminate bulk mailings as directed.
• Process new personnel according to established procedures; conduct employee orientations as directed; distribute forms, applications and informational materials; attendance records and evaluations as assigned.
• Verify and update employee salary information including longevity and step placement as assigned. Process employee terminations according to established policies and procedures; compile related information and purge employee.records and files; calculate and forward related information to payroll.
• Communicate with personnel and various outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities.and resolve issues or concerns; provide employment verifications as requested; maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privilege information.
• Operate a variety of office equipment including a calcula.tor, copier, fax machine, computer and assigned software.
• Participate in a variety of other assigned activities such as assisting with special projects, attend and participate in various meetings; staff development workshops and in-services as assigned.
• Assist in the certificated and/or classified layoff activities; determine and enforce personnel standards and practices.
• Conduct research, interpret information, and provide recommendation including, but not limited to legal proceedings, Education Code, labor law, and assist in the development of Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Creates a leave profile, including accrual rates, for newly hired employees and employees being promoted.
• Provide technical..assistance in the areas of Human Resources data management system, and other Human Resources related programs and computerized systems.
• Work collaboratively with District and Personnel Commission staff in the coordination of classified employee employment.
• Attend to administrative and clerical details utilizing initiative, problem analysis techniques, good judgment and confidentiality. Assume responsibility and exercise sound judgment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit
Four years of increasingly responsible experience in a Human Resources setting. School District setting is preferred. Education:
Two years of college-level course work in, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities of the position.
• DOJ/FBI Background Clearance
• TB Clearance
• Physical Demands (A)
Classified Salary: Range 38 Calendar 261
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Skills:
Perform multiple, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Operate standard office equipment; use pertinent software applications. Microsoft Office suite proficient.
Practices and procedures related to classified or certificated personnel; Personnel office functions, practices and procedures. Bargaining unit contracts and salary schedules; Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures; data control procedures and data entry operations; policies and objectives of assigned programs and activities; modern office practices, procedures and equipment; record-keeping and report preparation techniques; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary; operation of a computer and assigned software; oral and written communication skills; interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy; technical aspects of field of speciality; mathematic computations.
Perform a variety of technical human resources duties in support of classified or certificated personnel programs and functions; serve as a technical resource to employees regarding designated personnel functions, activities, policies and procedures; prepare, maintain and evaluate a variety of manual and automated personnel files, records, and reports; learn office organization, operations, policies and objectives; interpret, apply and explain laws codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures; assist in resolving personnel-related issues and concerns with discretion and confidentiality; compose correspondence and written materials independently; work independently with little direction; type or input data at an acceptable rate of speed; process new personnel and conduct employee orientations as assigned; process, evaluate arid distribute a variety of personnel forms; meet schedules and time lines; make mathematical computations with speed and accuracy; determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines; communicate effectively both orally and in writing;establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others; implement tasks using sound judgment d.iscretion and confidentiality; schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action and create action plans; read a variety of manuals, Write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present; meet schedules and time lines; plan and organize work; prepare records and reports related to assigned activities; prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports; present a positive image of the Madera Unified School District.
Materials Required *:·
1. Completed application
2. Official college transcript
3. (2 ) Letters of Recommenda.tion
PC RULES 18.104.22.168 -22.214.171.124 – In-house employees will have first consideration for the position. less than three rankings qualify for the position, the Personnel Commission will move to outside candidates.
The examination process will include screening to ensure applications are complete and meet all minimum qualifications. No additional information will be accepted from applicants once the application has been submitted. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the examination .process.
The examination process will include a written examination (weighted at 50%)- TENTATIVE DATE – Monday, November 4, 2019, at 9:00 am, and an oral exam (50% weight) -TENTATIVE DATE – Thursday, November 7, 2019. Those candidates achieving a passing score on the competency exam and oral .interview with a minimum score of 70% will be placed on the Eligibility List.
The Eligibility List is valid for one (1) year from the certified date. The top three (3) ranks will be forwarded to the Hiring Authority for final interview and selection.
To move. forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through this web site. Resumes may be uploaded but cannot be used in place of a. completed application.
The examination process/examination date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. The experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Any disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the Madera Unified School District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement . Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
The Governing Board desires to provide a positive work environment where employees and job applicants are assured of equal access and opportunities and are free from harassment in accordance with the law. The Board prohibits district employees from discriminating against or harassing any other district employees and job applicant on the basis of the person’s actual or perceived race, religion creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sex, or sexual orientation. The following person is designated as the Title IX Coordinator.
Chief Academic Officer 1902 Howard Road , Madera, CA 93637, 559-675-4500 Ext.246
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Position # 2000576
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Madera Unified School District -Personnel Commission 1902 Howard Road
Madera, CA 93637
5596754500 Ext. 295
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.