Website Fresno Irrigation District
Under direction of the Assistant General Manager, Administration, performs general human resources functions. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, labor negotiations, training and development, reporting, compliance, safety and worker’s compensation.
This is a single position class reporting to the Assistant General Manager, Administration. Duties may vary depending on daily workload and projects assigned. This is a Confidential position.
This position supervises the following subordinate positions:
- Human Resources Assistant
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Serves as a liaison between management and employees; handling questions, interpreting benefits, administering benefit contracts and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Meets with management staff and committees and provides recommendations regarding HR legalities, personnel issues and concerns.
- Performs staffing duties, including performing full cycle recruitment efforts
- Coordinating the performance evaluation process and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains a fully integrated management information system, ensuring the availability of necessary data and statistical information.
- Prepares reports for Assistant General Manager – Administration
- Maintains audit ready compliant personnel files.
- Prepares termination paperwork for exiting employees and completes exit interviews.
- Processes employment requests.
- Assists with logistics and maintain calendar of required annual events, e.g. training day, year-end event, required government notices, open enrollment period, etc.
- Assists employees with all IT issues and coordinates with third party to resolve IT issues.
- Researches labor and wage market information and prepares salary and compensation recommendations.
- Coordinates employee training and development programs.
- Administers software programs (i.e. Shortel, Laserfiche, etc.)
- Confer with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, write and place job advertisements with various media, review applications/resumes, conduct phone interviews and forward suitable applicants for managers to interview.
- Write job descriptions or review and edit job descriptions as needed.
- Manage the recruiting and staffing logistics effort.
- Facilitate background checks, pre-employment testing and create offer letters.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Ensure all new hire documents are signed and returned.
- Communicate benefits information to all staff
- Administer and monitor active and retired employee health insurance plan, vision plan, dental plan, 401k
- Administer and monitor Employee Assistance Program, and 125 Flex Account plan.
- Ensure reconciliation of all monthly invoices.
- Manage and process all transactions including enrollment, changes, and terminations.
- Process all paperwork for retirement, vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence.
- Communicate employee status changes to payroll via appropriate documentation.
- Prepare annual census information for payroll and financial audit.
- Assists the Assistant General Manager – Administration and Safety Manager in facilitating and updating good, clear communication to employees regarding benefits, employment handbook, and District policies and procedures.
- Assists Safety Manager to ensure proper processing and recordkeeping for Workers’ Compensation paperwork.
- Take minutes during negotiations and Safety Committee meetings.
- Attend weekly tailgate meetings and present HR related information
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com