Website Heartland Compass
A network of executives is co-creating an initiative modeled after the highly successful organization out of Grand Rapids, MI., The SOURCE. The SOURCE is a not-for-profit employee support organization designed to help employees of member companies keep their jobs, receive training to enhance their employment, and help employees move into better positions within or across companies. This work is carried out by utilizing the best resources of the government, area non-profits, and private employers.
As a startup Executive Director, together with the board, you will grow a new company with a transformative solution driven mission.
The Heartland Compass seeks an entrepreneurial, visionary leader to assist in starting up a highly networked resource platform for employees of member firms to meet their personal and career development needs efficiently and effectively. The position requires outstanding relational and coaching skills, along with practical operational ones regarding budget, fundraising, communications, member recruitment, and, ultimately, recruiting and developing staff members as needed. Key goals are the retention and growth of quality employees of member companies. A long-term goal is a sustainable and growing enterprise made up of employers committed to business and employee success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Together with the board, develop initial strategy with specific targets regarding employer membership, resource development, employee awareness, and outreach to potential community resources.
- Develop protocols for internal operations regarding budget, banking, accounting, payroll, and other human resource requirements.
- Develop case management protocols to serve clients and keep track of needs, outcomes, and effective partners.
- Build network of effective employee support resources among nonprofits and government programs evaluating them for impact.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong writing skills. The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to craft clear, concise, and compelling content from scratch.
- Excellent verbal, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills with an ability to manage competing interests under demanding conditions.
- Strong hands-on approach with a high level of self-motivation, integrity, and ethics.
- Focused on building long-term working relationships with a genuine interest in working with people of all levels to fulfill the company mission.
- Significant human resources, social services, and business experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to develop relationships across developmental levels.
- Experience working in the various sectors—private, nonprofit, government, faith-based, education.
- Collaborative approach to leadership, partnership, and execution.
- Life-long learner.
- Risk taker, entrepreneurial, problem solver, decision maker.
- Previous employment involving related experience.
For more information, contact:
CEO, Fresno Business Council
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com