Senior Human Resources Generalist
Website CoreHR Team
Founded in 2012 and envisioned by the Assemi family, California Health Sciences University (CHSU) is proud to be the first university of its kind in the Central Valley. Our new and innovative University is rapidly developing and expanding, similar to that of a start-up company, enabling our administration, faculty, and staff to have plentiful opportunities for growth and development.
CHSU is seeking an experienced Senior Human Resources Generalist. The Senior Human Resources Generalist is part of a collegial administrative team dedicated to providing accurate, insightful, analytical, and timely administrative leadership, support, and oversight that will help the HR department continue to grow and develop to meet the needs of CHSU and its employees. Under the supervision of and in coordination with the VP for Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Generalist will serve as a resource, partner, and leader in handling HR functions by maintaining a positive and rewarding work experience for employees in an environment of accountability.
· Serves as a liaison to the human resource functions including, but not limited to, compensation, payroll, benefits, leave administration; employee equity matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
· Builds strong relationships across entities to foster communication and transparency.
· Supports the execution of human resources activities in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. Informs and counsels management and/or employees on trends and current developments in human resources, as appropriate.
· Understands and has in-depth knowledge of employee benefits programs. Supports the administration of these programs; may respond to employee inquiries and help resolve issues.
· Assists in the administration of annual performance reviews. Ensures the timely completion of faculty and staff performance reviews.
· Coordinates and may administer employee leaves of absence and ADA accommodations.
· Oversee, coordinate, and manage employee separations and applicable offboarding activities including exit interviews.
· Maintenance of strict confidentiality and security of records including specialized human resources databases, computer software systems, and filing systems.
· This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related field, or
· Equivalent directly related human resources work experience that provides extensive knowledge of fundamental theories, principles, and concepts may be considered instead of a degree.
· Minimum of five (5) years of human resources experience that encompasses all aspects of human resources in a professional office setting with increasing responsibility within a human resources department.
· PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
Competencies, Skills & Experience
· Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, employee experience, and stewardship.
· Strong working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
· Sound judgment tact and diplomacy in situations of high sensitivity and the ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Excellent interpersonal, employee relations, and public relations skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
· Ability to analyze complex issues, research, and gather information.
· Exceptional organizational, problem solving, prioritizing, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
· Strong knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
· Prior experience in a higher education setting is desirable.
Medical, Vision, and Dental Paid Holidays
Cafeteria 125 Plan Tuition Assistance
Vacation Time Sick Time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org