Safety & Human Resources Director
Website Anderson Pump Company & Machine
Central Valley leader in the sales and service of agricultural a
Anderson Pump Company & Machine, (Chowchilla, CA), a fabricator and provider of a wide variety of Agricultural, Commercial, Dairy, Domestic/Residential pump services, is accepting applications of interest for an experienced Safety & Human Resources Director. This position reports to the CEO to develop and enforce safety policy; manage safety programs; and to perform the human resources functions. Provides leadership ensuring compliance to Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), CalOSHA, local and industry requirements.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strategies to ensure active workplace health and safety practices for employees.
- Manage related health and safety programs, orientation, training, hazardous materials handling/disposal procedures, use of protective equipment and emergency preparedness practices.
- Employ systematic processes for collecting data, recording incidents, identifying remedies and report writing.
- Advise supervisors and employees on policies and procedures; recruitment; administer employee benefits programs and other human resources related functions.
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Business Administration or a related discipline, plus or five (5) years’ experience in Safety Compliance/Training and Human Resources Management preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing OSHA and CalOSHA compliance, safety programs, and IIPP/HIIP policies.
- OSHA Trainer Certification preferred or obtained within six (6) months of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to train employees and to present compliance training.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual (Spanish) desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Access and Excel required; various software and computer systems.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks under the pressure of competing deadlines. Must be highly organized.
Position offers a competitive salary and an Employee Benefits package.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online through Sierra HR Partners.
For inquiries by telephone call (559) 431-8090.
To apply for this job please visit j.brt.mv.