Human Resources Assistant
Website The Arc Fresno/Madera Counties
Come to The Arc to change a life, stay for a career.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Reports To: Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Revised Date: July 27th, 2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of responsible and complex technical and administrative duties related to personnel and payroll functions. Duties and assignment may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department and staffing levels. Uphold the company philosophy of the Basic Principles of a Collaborative Workplace.
· Prepares and posts job openings internally and externally.
· Recruits new talent via social media, professional networks, or other approved means when there is an open position.
· Attends job fairs, SHRM, or other professional networking events and appropriately represents The Arc of Fresno/Madera Counties.
· Maintains social media sites in a timely and accurate manner.
· Communicates frequently with job applicants and assists them through the application process.
· Coordinates and schedules physical, drug screens, background checks and fingerprint screening for new hires and current employees.
· Facilitates and conducts new hire orientation with each new hire.
· Assists new hires with paperwork and benefit eligibility.
· Verifies new hires work eligibility through the Department of Homeland Security within 3 business days.
· Enters new hire information in the human resources information system (HRIS).
· Processes transfers, promotions, and demotions in the HRIS, including adjusting pay rates within one day of the effective date in an accurate manner.
· Enters wage garnishment orders into the HRIS and responds to the creditor in a timely fashion.
· Processes terminations in the HRIS, CaseMagic, benefit carriers in a timely fashion.
· Processes leaves of absence (FMLA, ADAAA, Vacation, Sick, Etc.) in the HRIS within one day of the effective date.
· Manages employee benefit enrollment process, process any modifications to coverage, and assist with open enrollment.
· Manages personnel records in the document management software and ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements.
· Processes employment verifications in a timely manner.
· Regularly communicates with Program Managers to ensure paperwork compliance.
· Responsible for reporting worker’s compensation claims to the insurance carrier in a timely fashion.
· Manages the distribution of t-shirts to staff members.
· Tracks and distributes staff service awards on a monthly basis.
· Creates, types, and prints memoranda, correspondence, reports, flyers, forms, and other documents as needed.
· Occasionally travels to other Program Sites on a case-by-case basis.
· Occasionally provides receptionist coverage.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Equivalent of two-year College or technical school and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write high quality reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess valid California Driver’s License, auto insurance and clean DMV records.
Must have experience with a variety of PC software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, power point, Desktop publishing and type a minimum of 50 wpm. Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.arcfresno.org.