JOB PURPOSE: The position is responsible for the organization’s information security awareness and education program. In collaboration with the CIO, ITS support staff and Privacy Officer, this position will manage a broad set of activities, including: drafting publications, facilitating internal marketing campaigns, creating timelines and infographics; and helping to plan outreach, awareness, and educational events.
Develop short and long term strategies, goals, and objectives for the information security training, education, and awareness program
Serve as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technical, copyright, print media, teaching and learning, etc.)
Identify the current and future top human risks to the organization.
· Create information security training, education, and awareness programs to reduce organizational risk.
Create and train information security awareness program using a variety of media and training techniques to engage learner.
Promote awareness of information security policies through the creation and maintenance of an online program.
Create policy and process documentation related to information security training, education, and awareness programs as needed.
Create a metrics framework that can effectively measure engagement, behaviors, and impact and evaluate the effectiveness of program
Coordinate efforts with Affiliate security officers and develop professional relationships with other Healthcare Information educators to develop strategies and maintain consistent messaging across the organization.
Incorporate appropriate level learning methodologies into design and delivery of content.
Apply Instructional Design best practices into the development of courses and curricula.
Facilitate successful social learning experiences in small group settings (virtual and in-person).
Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or equivalent work experience required.
· Experience working in healthcare preferred.
· Understanding of Privacy and HIPAA as it relates to IT preferred.
· Applies a basic knowledge of information security and risk mitigation principles, theories, and techniques in daily work.
· Demonstrates understanding and use of basic project management methodologies, including the ability to plan, develop, manage and maintain an organization wide program over the longer term.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization, including both professional and administrative personnel.
· Independently writes or develops well-structured and persuasive end products.
· Possesses the desire to learn and integrate new capabilities in digital technology, such as audio, video, social media, online communities, blogs, and other web-based technologies.
· Is highly organized and able to multi-task and manage concurrent deadlines.
· Demonstrates a high degree of independence, integrity and confidentiality.
· Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
· Position in a well lighted office environment. Frequent contract with a variety of people.
· Travel requirements:
o Travel to company locations 60% of time.
o Must maintain a valid CA driver’s license and current auto insurance.
· Involves sitting approximately 75 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder. Some bending, stooping, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org